Tuesday, February 21, 2017

After the bread round and the blogger world

Yoga two days running and one walk – we won’t mention the daffodils trapped in last year's basket. After the bread round did another run over to the continent last week to celebrate my mother’s 90s birthday.  #travelissoeasy, saw us bake on Friday morning, have a dizzying panic session to get all the paperwork ready for the weekend and the house ready for the lovely people coming in to mind our three dogs -  and then head off to the airport. A couple of hours later, we sat into another car, steering wheel gone over to the left, and headed down another motorway – considerably faster this time - to meet up with the birthday grandmother and the rest of the family. A lovely, lovely weekend later, we sit back at home in massive gratitude for such a healthy and totally fit grandmother at 90, who celebrated two days running late into the night and who we are all trying to convince to write a book. The title is going to be “When you’re 90 – my God”  

Normally, I don’t travel that much and that quickly but I could really get used to it!! Could get used to the parellel life between Germany and Ireland, between Costello’s ale and Früh Kölsch. I could get used to seeing family more often, to shopping in Kilkenny and in Bad Münstereifel in the same week, to speaking English and German simultaneously. I could even get used to the wonderfully cheap but terribly squashy Ryanair flights and I might even realise my ambition of looking cool and sophisticated when travelling rather than permanently turning into this demented women who has lost her phone -  again - while juggling a suitcase, a handbag, a coat, a duty free bag, a travel pillow, a bottle of water and her passport. Any tips of how to do this??

For the moment, I rest my holidays in the certain belief that other people in this outfit are now due a few days off but I’m just saying I could get used to it. For this week, the task is for After the bread round to become more familiar with blogging and the blogger’s world. My daughter and I read Girl Online and she follows other blogs, vlogs and Youtubers and I will have to learn. I would love to widen my readership, to take a proper step into this world and so I have to follow more blogs or, as Penny Porter says in Girl online, I have to get involved!! So if you are writing blogs or know blogs that I would like, please let me know and help me find a way into this world – and then I will actually get a computer young enough to handle the blogger site!!! After the breads round -  back to baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment